Costa Navarino | Junior Sommelier for season 2022
Costa Navarino is the prime sustainable destination in Greece’s SW Peloponnese-one of the most unspoiled and breathtaking seaside Mediterranean landscapes, shaped by 4,500 years of history. Its philosophy is driven by a genuine desire to promote the region, while protecting and preserving its natural beauty and heritage.
Costa Navarino comprise s a number of distinct sites : Navarino Dunes, the first area, is home to The Romanos, a Luxury Collection Resort, and The Westin Resort Costa Navarino , both luxury five star hotels belonging to Marriott’s portfolio of brands ; Navarino Residence s, a collection of luxury villas for private ownership; and The Residences at The Westin Resort Costa Navarino fully furnished resort apartments for sale; the signature golf course The Dunes Course; the 4,000m2 Anazoe Spa & T halassotherapy; the state of the art House of Events conference centre ; specially designed facilities for families and children; and a variety of gastronomy venues, sports, outdoor activities and cultural experiences . Navarino Bay, the second area, is home to the signature golf course , The Bay Course and to the earth sheltered Bay Clubhouse, while an ultra luxury, all suite and pool villas resort is currently under construction, alongside an upscale, vibrant, lifestyle resort at the nearby site Navarino Waterfront. At Navarino Hills, two new 18 hole signature golf courses are also being constructed. The award winning The Romanos, a Luxury Collection Resort and The Westin Resort Costa Navarino are seeking for a Junior Sommelier who loves hosting and interacting with people.
Being part of our Food and Beverage team you will:
• Ensurethe range of drinks available and understanding the pricing.
• Ensure that proper mis-en-place is prepared for each service.
• Assist customers with their choice of wine or drink and to take the appropriateorders.
• Organize and assist with the service of beverages along with the correct accompaniments, using the correct equipment and glasses, to the standard laid down by the F&BOperations Manager.
• Ensure the correct handling, use, storage and cleaning of all liquor service equipmentBe aware of, and comply with the Licensing LawsBe aware of all facilities in the hotel, in case of customer queries.
• Study the advance business forecasts and programs, and liaise with the Restaurant Manager and Food and Beverage Office about any anticipated problems.
• Assist and advise as to the content of the Wine Lists and offer any advice as to particular wines on them.Identify any sub-standard stock and ensure it is handled accordingly.
• Ensure that a tight control is kept on all stock used and that all checks are raised and processed correctly and are either paid or charged to accountAssist in other areas of the restaurant as needed.
• Carry out any other reasonable request made by the Restaurant Manager and Assistant Food and BeverageManager.
• Control all stocks within the bar and ensure stock takes are completed accurately and on time each week for accounting purposes.
To be successful in this role you will have:
• 2-3 years of experience in a similarposition in a fast-pacedenvironment.
• Have the 2ndor 3rdLevelof WSET (wine).
• Have the HESTIA Advanced Certificate will be considered as an advantage.
• Proper communication etiquette in both Greek and English.
• Ability to build rapport withguests.
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
• Hosting, organizational and problem-solvingskills.
Navarino Dunes offers:
• Competitive salary remuneration based on qualifications.
• Οn going training opportunities;
• Accommodation in the vicinity of Navarino Dunes (for non -Messinian residents);
• Meals within the premise;
• Private Medical Plan;
• Use of Navarino Dunes Facilities, according to the relevant policies.
Please note: CVs not fulfilling the above prerequisites won’t be taken under consideration.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please send an English resume and a photograph
Comments are closed.